Translate

Sunday, August 12, 2012

桐島、部活やめるってよ。
(Kirishima, bukatsu yameruteyo./ Kirishima, he's quitting volley ball club. )

For extremely advanced watchers


Difficulty of Japanese: 8/10 
     In order to fully comprehend this movie, one must know all the details of how "bukatsu" work in Japan and how there is a certain kind of hierarchy between the many clubs. Although one would be able to understand the conversational japanese, there are specific terms used such as bukatsu, or tannin which may make it hard to understand. 

The film as a whole: 9/10
Truly a brilliant film. Never like any movie that I have seen before, especially in Japanese. In a way, the movie was made kind of reminded me of the movie "告白/Kokuhaku" starring 松たかこ(Takako Matsu). The ending of the film is fantastic though it does not resolve anything. Therefore for those of you who like a happy ending, or some sort of ending, this is not your kind of movie. 

I really loved this film. After watching it, it took me a while to get up and out of my seat from the astonishment. One could tell that there was a lot of thought and time put into each and every shot because you clearly remember all the shots. Although it is a brilliant film, I would definitely not recommend it to beginners in Japanese or Japanese entertainment. Interestingly, I think that this film is one that would only sell in Japan, especially the tone throughout the film is very monotone and flat. Finally, I must give props to the main actor Ryunosuke Kamiki. He has always done an amazing job, but this role was made for him, if anyone else would have done it, the brilliance would have gone down. Truly an amazing film.

この映画はすばらしかった。いかにも日本で過ごす青春と言うような雰囲気がものすごくたまらない。どのクラスにも居るあのキャラこのキャラ、恋愛、友情、情熱が良く表現されている。最初は金曜日が何度くれ返されるのか不思議だが、最後になると全てが繋がる面白い作品。何も特に解決はされないためエンディングが予想出来る映画などが好きな方には勧めないがすばらしい映画だった。必見です。

No comments:

Post a Comment