梅ちゃん先生(第109-113話)
Ume-chan Sensei/ Dr. Ume(Episode 109-113)
For Advanced Watchers
*Hard to comprehend if you haven't seen previous episode/each episode is 15 minutes long. *
Set in the late 60's, during the "Showa" era. A story of a woman named Umeko who becomes a doctor following his father. Human drama between her and her family as well as the entire neighborhood. Heart warming and nostalgic, especially for those who lived in that era. Some parts of Japanese culture has changed therefore, do not think that this is the way Japan is now...
What I love about this tv show is that though it is extremely long, as their lives move on, it also explains what happened in history. If you love Japanese history, though this is extremely modern history, it's extremely interesting. The showa era is an extremely unique one and there are still parts of Tokyo that are purposely made to look like it is still in the Showa era, therefore as a japanese teenager, I love going to places/watching shows set in this period to get a gist of what my parents experienced when they were my age. In these few episodes, Umeko gets married and many things in her routine changes, and though a lot of things happen, they still are happy and laugh all the time. That was what was great about that era, and as I watch this, I wish that some day people can go back to the way they were and happy as long as family was around.
No comments:
Post a Comment